Sunday, March 16, 2014

Welcome to the arabian nights..... where suspense is the thread by which her life hung. But unlike princess Scheherazade
I have very little confidence.
To think that it took me three years to understand that this is what it is all about!!!! Storytelling.. Every patient is a character in some drama in real life and we are the narrators.
The all interesting adventure is his complaint, and like every good story, his also has the many complicating twists and turns and dead ends. Every time i listen to an account of abdominal pain, interspersed with worries about an unmarried daughter, and complaints about an irritating boss, and reminiscences of a college love affair, i am reading a story....
To narrate the story doing justice to the original storyteller, and in the time honoured flow, so that not all but only the necessary is disclosed to my audience is my job.
I am a storyteller... and the clinicals are just the storytelling sessions.
And after this discovery i can't even describe in writing how ashamed i am!!! And THAT is supposed to explain a great deal.
I the dreamer, the artist of pen and ink and letters, and the STORYTELLER, can't tell a proper story to impress some unimaginative muggle who doesn't know the first thing about dreams. Pathetic!
A good story with a lot of suspense.... :) Now THAT is my element...
Something tells me that from today onwards, ( tomorrow sounds kind of too distant, I mean with a whole night in between it doesn't feel safe to send important dreams to tomorrow without personal supervision) everything is going to be different..... for the better.

No comments:

Post a Comment